We, the baby boomers have done the damage…to society, to the earth…and our children have to pick up the pieces.
Young people today do indeed feel disillusioned by the world they’ve been brought into. Difficult to blame them really: family breakdown, depression, disrespect, greed, selfishness, environmental degradation are the norm. And yet we’re wealthier than we’ve ever been. There can be no doubt that humanity has taken a hugely wrong turn.
So it’s the adults’ responsibility to put their hands up, own the guilt and work on inspiring the younger generation to help them repair the damage NOW.
It’s no good relying on the bankers and the politicians to bring about a new world economic order at Davos 2010; their selfish, greedy interest is best served by the status quo. Bankers with their outrageous mansion-sized bonuses and politicians with their illegal “jail sentence” expenses, have shown their true colours over the last 12 months and we don’t trust them.
It’s up to us!
I’ve just come across the most amazing video on You Tube; you’ll find the link at the bottom of this blog. Do have a look: it’s simple, but very moving and lasts less than 2 minutes.
We’ve got to reverse everything
- Money doesn’t make us happy; happiness comes from within
- Family is so much more important than work, but look at the attention balance
- Divorce is now the norm for kids in primary school with all of the heartache it brings
- Everyone knows that climate change is real and yet could governments find any more reasons not to take action?
- The younger generation need inspiration, because they feel helpless and therefore apathetic and lethargic.
It’s up to us, to provide the inspiration: we…and they can change the world.
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA